Monday, November 11, 2013

Lots of random stuff!!

It's been quite a long time since I've posted and A LOT has happened since then...From getting a job, passing my RD exam and becoming a Registered Dietitian, to getting my license to be a dietitian in the state of Texas, I've been very busy.  But I've still managed to make time for my crafts.  So here's what I've been up to!

So I got this idea from Pintrest to turn an old light fixture into a cake stand. And what do you know, the day after I decided to make this idea happen, the neighbors put one out of the trash.  So yeah...I snuck out there and grabbed it while nobody was looking, cleaned it up, and gutted it!

I snazzed it up by adding some pearls between the lights and around the base.

Then I began my search for pretty saucers to use! I hit up Goodwill and antique stores and got all of these gorgeous plates that I am in love with!

And here's the finished product!! It took me FOREVER to find a center plate that was big enough, and when I finally did, I ended up finding TWO plates that I just couldn't decide between. So here they are!

I think this plate is the winner, but I still can't decide.  Let me know which one you like best!

Just a little gift for a friend. I wood burned the double T in the center and then wrote the words to the Fight Song on with Painter's pens.  Not my favorite piece but it will do!

Ever wonder what you should do with your tassel after you graduate?  Pull it out of the closet, stick it in a Christmas ornament and hang it on the tree!

So I really did't do much with this, but the flower originally had little yellow stems coming out of the center and it looked really cheap.  So, I cut them off and stuck an old antique brooch on there and now I LOVE it!

I had this old wooden box that I couldn't decide what to do with it, so I experimented with painting it silver, sticking a doily on top, and using it as a stencil.  I painted black over it and pulled it off and it turned out beautifully!  Please ignore my feet and PJs.  It was a lazy craft day for me :)

Another tea light that I made from $1 picture frames for a friends birthday!! Painted them gold, put lace on the glass, glued them together and put a light inside!


And last but not least, we were celebrating Bosses Day a few weeks after I was hired and I was put in charge of decorations!  So I went all out and made this sweet banner.  Pretty proud of myself and it's still hanging in his office several weeks later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment