Sunday, April 17, 2016

Country Roads

My parents have some land out in DeLeon, TX and built a "barndominium" to stay at when we all go out there.


We also took our engagement pictures here!
With land, comes animals--turkey, armadillos, jackrabbits, hogs, coyotes and, of course, deer.  We found an old deer skull while riding around on the Polaris and I decided to jazz it up a bit!

The skull had been out in the elements for quite some time so not too much cleaning was necessary--really just to get the dirt and grass out of it; but, just to be safe, I went ahead and bleached it for several hours.  Once it was dry, I could begin!  My mom's friend sold me a ton of beads and I had just enough turquoise to cover the entire skull!  I ended up just hot gluing the beads on since I misplaced my bead glue.  Other than a few stray glue-strings I think it turned out really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment